General Physiology and Biophysics is devoted to the publication of original research papers concerned with general physiology, biophysics and biochemistry at the cellular and molecular level and is published quarterly by the
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences.
The coverage of the journal includes
- membrane physiology and biophysics (ion channels, receptors, transporters, protein-lipid interactions, surface phenomena, model membranes)
- excitability and contractility (neurophysiology, smooth, cardiac and skeletal muscle physiology, excitation-contraction coupling, cellular motility)
- biophysical analysis of cellular function (bioenergetics, volume regulation, thermodynamics, mathematical models)
- metabolic regulations (enzymology, ATPases, plant and microbial metabolism)
- cellular aspects of pharmacology, toxicology and pathology (receptor-drug interaction, the action of drugs and toxins on signalling and regulatory functions, free radicals, lipid peroxidation, ischemic preconditioning, calcium paradox)
- accounts of advances in relevant techniques and methodology
- CC/Life Sciences
- Science Citation Index (Impact Factor = 1.479)
- Web of Science Core Collection
Abbreviation for bibliographic references: Gen. Physiol. Biophys.
ISSN print edition: 0231-5882
ISSN electronic edition: 1338-4325